Sunday, March 22, 2009

Uncle Mike













People are not lying when they tell you that marriage is a life changing experience. As many of you know, Les and I are opposite bookends in our families. She is the youngest child, and I am the oldest. All of her siblings are married, and none of my siblings are married. You get the picture. In being the oldest, I had yet to experience the enjoyment and entertainment that comes from being an uncle.


So here are a few experiences which have made me chuckle. First off we have Gabby who says, "Mi" when she sees my picture. I don't know if I should say this, but I really get a kick out of fact that to my knowledge she has yet to say any fragment of Leslie's name. That's one point for uncle Mi. Secondly we have Logan's pillow-saber battles. I have to admit that before becoming an uncle, I had no idea that pillow-sabers existed. Let me assure you they do, and that I have fought and look forward to fighting many more battles with them. Last but not least, we have Aaron. One day while a bunch of us were sitting around chatting at the Rose's house, Aaron decided that Lady (Kelly and Steve's dog) needed to join the fun. Being the good uncle that I am, I watched in amusement as Aaron laughed mischievously and pulled the door open enough for Lady to sneak inside. After Lady was taken back outside, all of us there had a good laugh.


So there you have it. I don't have a ton of experience being an uncle, but thus far it has been a great adventure! Les and I very much so look forward to meeting the two new nephews scheduled to arrive this spring.

2 comments:

  1. Who is that darling baby girl at the top of your blog? :) I had forgotten about that picture. She still adores uncle "Mi" every time we walk past your engagement photo on the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your blog, this is my first time. We enjoy hearing from you guys.

    ReplyDelete